Cllr Martin Slinger
Martin Slinger – Chairman of Painswick Parish Council
Finance and General Purpose (ex-Officio)
Rural and Environment (ex-Officio)
Land and Buildings (ex-Officio)
Representative on other bodies:
Rec. Sports Pavilion Committee
Painswick Youth & Community Pavilion User Committee
Broadham Rugby & Sports Club
Edge Village Hall Man Committee
Gloucestershire County Council Charter Committee
- Address: Jenkins, Lurks Lane, Pitchcombe. GL6 6LL
- 01453 763105
Born into farming family in Edge and still farming with my son – my grandson is following on. I went to Painswick School and then to school in Stroud. I left at 15 and went onto Hartpury Agricultural School until I was 18.
I am married to Mary and together we have 2 children and 5 grandchildren.
- Was a member of the Cotswold Tug of War team in which we won 2 national titles in 1966.
- A school governor of the Croft School for 20 years (retired in 2015).
- A radio presenter and interviewer on Stroud Radio for 7 years , done voice overs for videos.
- A member of Edge and Pitchcombe Village Hall Committee.
- I write jottings for 2 local magazines each month; on local farming and countryside matters.
- I became a Parish Councillor for Edge Ward in 1995 and an active Member of several of the Committees.
- After being Deputy Chairman for a number of years I was elected Chairman of Painswick Parish Council in 2012.